Our comprehensive Owner Protection Plan means peace of mind for three years for new Mercedes-Benz passenger cars purchased from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealers in New Zealand. There's no kilometre limitation and your vehicle is covered for parts and labour charges incurred in rectifying a manufacturing defect relating to materials or workmanship.
We are pleased to support our Plug-In Hybrid vehicles, with further warranty on the high voltage batteries of 8 years or up to 160,000kms.
The three year period commences on the date delivered to the customer, or the date of first registration with NZTA (whichever comes first).
*Note, the W461 G-Professional vehicles, have a three year warranty up to 200,000kms.
The Plan is our promise to you that Mercedes-Benz will repair or replace manufacturing defects in material or workmanship which arise during the warranty period free of charge.
However, the Plan only covers the vehicle as manufactured by us and does not cover any modification, accessories, bodies, or other goods or services supplied by a third party manufacturer or supplier.
If the defective materials or workmanship do not relate to manufacture, then the repair or replacement of the defect won't be covered by the Plan. This means that the Plan will not cover defects caused by the following, which is a summary of the main exclusions, please see the Owner Protection Plan for more detail.
• Ignoring any instructions contained in the owner's manual or failing to correctly respond to any warning lights or messages in the vehicle that appear on the dashboard information system
• If you misuse your vehicle - including not driving it in accordance with the instructions in the owner's manual, driving at excessive speeds, engaging in competition or motor sports or exceeding the vehicle’s capacity in regards to use, application or load.
• Failing to service or maintain the vehicle according to the instructions or at the prescribed intervals as defined in the owner's manual.
• If servicing, maintenance or repairs are performed by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer which causes a defect.
Modifications in engine output or vehicle specifications without Mercedes-Benz’s approval.
• If a defect is caused by non-genuine Mercedes-Benz parts or parts, accessories, supplies or service products which are not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
• If a defect is caused by any modification, bodywork alterations or incorrect fitting of an accessory to your original Mercedes-Benz after its manufacture by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer. Third party products or services may be covered by a warranty provided by the relevant third party manufacturer or supplier. Your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer may be able to provide you with contact details so that you can enquire as to whether a third party warranty may apply.
Defects caused by improper care or cleaning methods or the use of cleaning materials, fuels or lubricants not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
• If a defect is a result of normal wear and tear on items and consumables such as spark plugs, wiper blades, lubricants, brake pads, brake discs, clutches and tyres.
• If a defect is caused by external influences such as plant and animal substances, storms, hail, bird or animal droppings, pollution or other environmental impacts, or from events such as salt water ingress, accident damage or vandalism.
• In addition, the Plan does not cover damage to glass, except in the event of a stress fracture.
The Plan will cease to apply if the:
At Mercedes-Benz we are all about getting you back on the road as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
The Plan covers the repair or replacement of manufacturing defects, but does not cover the cost of any related expenses or losses caused by the defect, such as the cost of telephone calls, rental cars, hotels, taxis, downtime, inconvenience or any loss of profit, loss of revenue or contingent, consequential or indirect losses.
The Plan does not cover servicing, maintenance, tyres, consumables, normal wear and tear, the alignment of front and rear axles, wheel balancing and tyre rotation.
Mercedes-Benz takes all precautions which are usual and reasonable to ensure the quality of materials and workmanship in its products.
Provided that the terms and conditions of the Plan have been complied with, any unexpired period of the Plan may be transferred to a new registered owner of the vehicle.
The Plan apples to all new Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered on or after 1 December 1995. Mercedes-Benz reserves to right to modify or amend the terms of the Plan at any time without notice.
The Plan is subject to further terms, conditions and exclusions. This is a summary of the main benefits, terms and exclusions of the Plan and is not to be taken as a warranty document/statement. Please refer to the Owner Protection Plan provided at delivery or contact your authorised dealer for all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Plan.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits of the Owner Protection Plan are in addition to any other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the vehicle.
The Owner Protection Plan is issued by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd ACN 004 411 410 of 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170, (03) 9566 9266.